Friday, July 18, 2008

My First Necklace


My first necklace was one I made for myself after doing a lot of reading on the internet. I found these purple fish at a European internet shop that gave free shipping with an order of 20 euros or more, and I just had to do something with them! I wasn't too sure of myself, so I decided to try something reasonably simple: a long lariat with no closing -- just fold it in half and put the ends through the curve.

Or come up with your own creative way to wrap and close it! I made earrings to match, but they're a bit heavy for me, so I seldom wear them. I think perhaps I need to redo them.

I was thrilled when one of my colleagues asked me to make her a necklace just like it! So I did. (It seems purple is her favorite color.)
~

6 comments:

Jonara Blu Maui said...

This is so special! And so awesome for a first necklace! I love purple as well :) Now you ahve me wanting to go and look for a picture of one of my early pieces. Sadly I did not take pictures when I first started beading..but I did save a pair of earrings I think from when I was pretty young and I just learned brick stitch.

Lea said...

Very nice colour combination for your first ever jewellery design - I like purples too ;)

Unknown said...

Very nice, Muddy! By the way, I've tagged you in my blog! See what that's all about at:
http://marjoriescracked.blogspot.com.

Jonara Blu Maui said...

Hey Mudpie...you need to make another blog post for us ;)

GrandmaMarilyn said...

It is so cool when someone asks for us to make them something. It seems to make what we are doing worth while.

Muddy said...

Thanks for your comments, everyone! GrandmaMarilyns, you're absolutely right! Jamee, take a picture of the earrings! I've added another post, as you suggested, as you've already seen. Lea, there is nothing like purple! Marjorie, I'll have to check it out.