Thursday, July 17, 2008

How I Got My Start in Beading


This was one of my first pairs of earrings, though not the absolute first - those were gold-colored hoops with brick-red glass coin beads, accented with jasper, bone, and seed beads. But I really wasn't into hoops, so I finally took them apart and re-used the beads.


Since then I've made lots of earrings, mostly for myself, though I've made a few for friends and family. I've also made some necklaces, rings and a couple of bracelets.


During the 2006 Christmas season, it occurred to me that it would be beneficial to see what I could learn from other people who love creating with beads. I searched Yahoo! Groups and found Beadingaholics, a group of kind and talented bead artists - from novices to professionals - who share all sorts of tips about techniques, tricks of the trade, opinions, and most of all, a love of beading! I'm happy to be a part of this group, and if you're into beading, then it just might be the right place for you, too. Just one caution: Spammers are not welcome!
~

9 comments:

Jonara Blu Maui said...

Muddy! Your blog is off to a great start! But then I know how cool your squidoo lense is so I know this will be great to. I love your first pair of earrings! You did so good!

I put you on my list of blog buddies..but I've been seeing this new list like you have on peoples blogs where it shows the latest blog post..I'll have to look and see about switching mine over. But for now I have to make THREE of the same anklets.

Unknown said...

Great earrings, Muddy - and congrats on your new blog! I've added you to my blog list and am looking forward to reading more postings from you.

Lea said...

The silver and black is a beautiful combination too :)

Liked the story about the one you took apart - I've done that too ;)

GrandmaMarilyn said...

Love your first earrings. You have a good start for your blog.

Anonymous said...

this one is really nice..b

Muddy said...

Jamee, Marjorie, Lea, GrandmaMarilyns, I appreciate you all! And you too, RiqzmieCreation! Thanks for visiting and commenting, all of you!

Anonymous said...

hi muddy..than to view my site..actually im from malaysia..nice to know u..

sealaura said...

Hi Muddy,

A friend and fellow beader told me about your blog and I am excited to read about your adventures. We were obsessed with those starfish crystals too. They are so fun.

PS I am also a language teacher. what a great opportunity you have to live in France. Au revoir!

sealaura said...

Hi Muddy,

Thanks for visiting my blog. One question, ¿how do I find your squidoo lens? thanks!